Of all the crazy, wicked, and weird cities in the world, Austin Texas has a special place in most southerners hearts. There are endless opportunities in this city and many wonderful places to go. That includes places to eat, hike, swim, and relax. There are even places to have a nice cup of coffee with cats surrounding you if you’re into that. Here are 17 places to go in Austin Texas if you ever happen to find yourself in town.
1. Head to Hamilton pool for an afternoon of relaxing, natural pool time.
2. See over 1.5 million Mexican Free-Tailed Bats fly from under the Congress bridge at dusk.
3. Take a dip in the giant year-round natural spring in the heart of downtown, Barton Creek Pool.
4. Dig through antique objects and see how many crazy finds Uncommon Objects has to offer.
5. Hike up to Mount Bonnell and look what view the city has to offer.
6. Check out the sea of Burnt orange at a University of Texas home football game.
7. Lean back, get comfy and be served delicious food while you watch a movie at the alamo draft house.
8. Get a chance to sing your favorite song that not everyone knows at Karaoke Underground.
9. Do the full loop of the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike trail.
10. Get lost in the wonder of the Cathedral of the Junk.
11. Spend an hour or two drinking coffee with some adorable cats at Blue Cat Cafe.
12. Check out the endless amount of food trucks all over the city.
13. Head over to Torchy’s Tacos for a bite to eat.
14. Sit down at HopDoddy’s for a delicious burger and a milkshake.
15. Explore the shops on South Congress and visit the legendary “Willie For President” mural.
16. Stop by Hey Cupcake and get an oversized treat.
17. Pack a picnic and relax in Zilker park with the dog community, otherwise known as Zilker Bark.